Forgetting What Matters

I drive down the highway in my truck and there is this constant swirl of leaves flying up out of the bed behind me. I keep thinking its a tool or something important shooting out, but I see in the rear view mirror that it lightly falls, no one is freaking out.

This morning something I left on the engine hood clunked into the windshield and flew off somewhere. It scared the heck out of me and I barely saw it but I think it was a piece of wood which i have no memory of placing there. It just hit and flew off. Its a bad sign. I have had calls from the library that homeless people have found CDs I've checked out scattered along highway 203, and they returned them. I tend to put important things on roofs of cars and forget them.

Its forgetfulness, and having a lot happening at once, that causes it. I can feel it.

Comments

Popular Posts